Pakistan is one of the global leaders in the cotton industry which is why all textile mills coming under this sector try to make full use of the abundant cotton resources that the country produces. At present, the country has over 1200 ginning units, almost 450 spinning units and over one 100 large spinning units and 400 small units respectively. Furthermore, there are nearly 37 composite textile mills in the country. HAFIZ Limited (formerly known as Hafiz Textile Mills Ltd. ) is one such Textile Composite Unit.
The composite units involve all processes usually from the spinning of cotton to the making of finished products that can be sold out, both locally and internationally. With HAFIZ Limited (formerly known as Hafiz Textile Mills Ltd. ), this means that the following processes take place.
- Once the raw cotton has been procured from the ginner, it is sent to the Blower Room.
- From thence it undergoes the carding, drawing, and, in the case of soft yarn the combing processesalso.
- After the Simplex Process, and Ring Spinning, the cotton can either move to Weaving or the Cone Winding departments.
- The cotton sent to Cone Winding is packaged and sent to the warehouses.
- The cotton sent to Weaving, undergoes Wrapping and Prin Winding.
- Then it is sent back to the Weaving department where the cotton is dyed, bleached and finally packaged before being sent to the warehouse and sold.
The benefit of having all of these processes in one place is that waste is minimized while the composite mill in question cuts down on its costs and profits soar.